Our AWM Chapter, started in 2019, is organized and will be operated for educational and scientific purposes to promote the following:
- An increased knowledge of and greater interest in the mathematical sciences, including pure and applied mathematics, statistics, and their applications;
- A greater understanding of the contributions of women in the mathematical sciences; and
- Mentoring and encouraging all members as they prepare for careers in the mathematical sciences.
Fall, 2020 Events
- Thursday, October 15, 4:05p, via Zoom! General body meeting. Featured speaker: Iryna Hartsock, UF, on An Introduction to Topological Data Analysis. Plus: A discussion led by Churni Gupta on Maryam Mirzakhani. And: Executive committee elections!
- Interested in taking an active role? Join our Executive Board!
- Thursday, January 23, 5-7:00p, LIT 201. General Body Meeting.
- (Postponed) (previously Monday, April 6): Lunch and discussion with our AWM Colloquium speaker, Professor Sue Brenner.
- (Postponed) (previously Monday, April 6): First annual AWM Colloquium Talk, given by Professor Sue Brenner of Louisiana State University. This lecture is partially funded by the UF Center for Applied Mathematics.
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. in Little Hall 201:
General Body Meeting and info session for AMS Sectional Meeting
- President: Christie Mauretour
- Vice President: Julianna Amitrano
- Secretary: Elaine Danielson
- Treasurer: Katerina Saettone
- Dr. Sara Pollock
For more info on the AWM chapter at UF, to inquire about joining, or to suggest an event please contact our Chapter President: Christie Mauretour (firstname.lastname@example.org), or our Faculty Mentor, Dr. Sara Pollock (email@example.com).